If you need a copy of HyperTerminal™ download it HERE
HyperTerminal is a windows bases serial port monitor and has no affiliation with ANY Graphics Outfitters Software. If you do not see data in HyperTerminal™ verify your connections are correct coming from the controller.
To use HyperTerminal™ as a serial port monitor or dumb terminal
- Connect the system you are monitoring to the serial port.
- Open the HyperTerminal™ Software and create a new connection.
- Enter a name for your connection and click OK.
- Select your COM port, under “connect using”.
- Click Configure, and make sure that the port and baud(Bits per second) settings match those required by the system you are connecting to, the rest of the setting should be: Data bits = 8; Parity = None; Stop Bits = 1; Flow control = None . Click OK.
- Click OK again to connect. Once connected you should see the text as it is received by the serial port.
- If you need to capture non-text data as well you can do this by clicking Transfer, Capture Text, Start.